These are used to create space between your teeth so we can easily fit the metal bands of your braces or appliance at your next appointment.
What to Expect
- Your teeth may be tender and achy for a couple of days.
- Please feel free to take Tylenol or Ibuprofen to help with the discomfort.
- Please avoid anything sticky or chewy because they can pull out the spacers.
- If you lose a spacer, it is usually not a problem and does not need to be replaced. If more than one spacer falls out, please call our office to have them replaced. If the spacers are lost the shortly before your next appointment (within 48hours), it is usually not necessary to put them back in. This typically means that there is plenty of space.
- Please brush your teeth normally while wearing spacers.
- Do NOT floss between the teeth where the spacers are placed.
- Do NOT pick at your spacers.