Amy Harel, DDS
Dr. Harel grew up in New York City and attended the University at Buffalo Honors College. She graduated Suma Cum Laude with a bachelors degree in Biology. She continued her studies at the University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine where she completed her Doctorate in Dental Surgery, finishing in the top 5% of her class. Wanting to focus her career exclusively on orthodontics, she immediately entered the Postgraduate Orthodontic Residency at the University of Detroit Mercy. At UDM she received a Certificate in Orthodontics as well as a Masters of Science on the association between Orthodontics and the Tempero-mandibular Joint (TMJ). Dr. Harel strongly believes in the importance of keeping up with the latest developments in orthodontics; she frequently attends continuing education courses in order to stay on the cutting edge of all the technological advancements the profession has to offer. She is Invisalign certified and particularly enjoys treatment planning on digital platforms. She is an active member of the American Association of Orthodontists and the Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity.
- Bachelor of Science, Biology – University at Buffalo, Honors College, Summa Cum Laude
- Doctor of Dental Surgery – University at Buffalo, School of Dental Medicine
- Certificate in Orthodontics – University of Detroit Mercy
- Masters of Science, Orthodontics and the Temporo-mandibular Joint (TMJ) – University of Detroit Mercy
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity
Outside the Office
Outside of dentistry, Dr. Harel enjoys spending time with her husband Gil, and their two daughters, Aria and Liora. They are a musical family who love listening to everything from country to classical to Broadway and Disney tunes. Don’t be surprised if you hear her singing along to some of the songs on the office radio!