Dr. Oresta Bilous
Dr. Bilous has been able to make a positive difference not only in the lives of children but in adults as well. She believes that being an orthodontist is a privilege and is incredibly rewarding in so many ways. She is part of a very special community of doctors who have the training and experience to change a persons’ appearance and create a beautiful smile. Dr. Bilous feels so fortunate to have the opportunity to treat generations of families and watch her younger patients grow up to be amazing adults.
Dr. Bilous is originally from upstate NY but has had the opportunity to live in many different states throughout her life such as VA, TX, CT, IL and MA. She attended the University of Texas at Austin where she obtained her undergraduate degree. She then attended Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston, MA and graduated in 1996, Magna Cum Laude with a DMD degree. Subsequently, she practiced general dentistry for 3 years in Chicago, IL where she met and married her husband Andre Olexy. Then it was back to Boston where she completed her Orthodontic residency and received her specialty Certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics in 2001.
- Bachelor of Science, Natural Science – University of Texas, Austin
- Doctor of Medical Dentistry – Tufts University School of Dental Medicine-Magna Cum Laude, Boston, MA 1996
- Certificate in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics – Tufts University of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 2001
Dr. Bilous regularly attends continuing education seminars, state and local dental society meetings, and yearly orthodontic conventions in order to keep current on all the latest techniques and research in the orthodontic field. The benefit of the information and improvements in technology is passed on to her patients in the form of shortened treatment times, more esthetic outcomes, and hopefully a more pleasant orthodontic experience overall. She utilizes the most advanced techniques and technology in the treatment of her patients.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Connecticut State Dental Association-member of the Ethics Committee
- BDA-Bridgeport Dental Association-Board member and treasurer
- ADA-American Dental Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
Outside the Office
Dr. Bilous currently resides in Easton, Connecticut with her husband, Andre, and their two daughters, Kira and Zoriana Olexy. Outside the office Dr. Bilous enjoys cooking, yoga, skiing, and spending time with her family. She also volunteers in the summer as a leader and head counselor for a children’s camp in upstate NY and volunteers at Special Olympics events.